ENGINEER 2009 - The Annual Technical Festival of NITK Surathkal

Sunday, January 18, 2009

ice cream snow

I feel this overwhelming need for ice cream snow.

It's something I used to fantasize about as a kid. Around then, it seemed to me the ultimate possible paradise. Soft fluffy finger-lickin' awesome snow. Ice cream snow.

It's naturally been about fifteen years or more since I first conceptualized this paradise and it suddenly came back today, along with this attack of senti that was hastily nipped in the bud by some awful singing courtesy H.

I'm thinking it could be because the realization is beginning to dawn that there are three months left.

Despite all the cynicism and the oh-jeez-i-cannot-be-feeling-senti-this-early... (no, it's a real feeling) I am quite genuinely beginning to worry. Worry about :

1) Not being able to wake up and wander into someone's room for water. Or to grumble. Or flick food. Or just be.

2) Not being able to walk down to the most beautiful beach there is in five minutes.

3) Not being able to sleep all day in what's quickly turned into the most comfortable bed ever.

4) Not being able to see mess parades - laugh at forehead, butt and breakfast jokes - cringe at blondie jokes - make ajji jokes.

5) Not being able to bitch endlessly and then feel slight qualms about having bitched endlessly and vow to not bitch endlessly but do it all the same.

6) Not finding time to read all the most awesome books there are in the world.

7) Not being able to share wisecracks about having Read Marx.

8) Not being able to see (and regret having seen) suspicious tattoos that turn out to not be tattoos at all.

9) Not being able to rediscover PT after a yearlong lull.

10) Not being able to experience the awesomeness and eccentricities of Shreekumar, Saidutta and DVRM.


I have a lot of worries. I am a champion worrier now.


Give me my ice cream snow I say.

2 comments:

shiningsun said...

gosh...!!! this 'worry' is contagious, dont let it go out so soon.
Also, how cum ur fav teacher, Shriniketan, is missing in worry#10??
:P

Indus Creep said...

pms post