ENGINEER 2009 - The Annual Technical Festival of NITK Surathkal

Thursday, December 15, 2005

a little too ironic

Its like rain on your wedding day
Like a free ride when you've already paid
The good advice you just didnt take...
Who would have thought... it figures....

Isn't it ironic... don't you think...

Oh, I do think.

Come back home after four months.. (I know I came back twice in the middle, but for inconsequential periods of time)... eight days gone past.. and the only thing I can say I've done worth its while is is visit the doctor...

How come it happens this way each time... you plan and plan and fervently hope your plan works out next week, or next month... time crawls by unendurably...then somehow, bam! you're in the next month, and... excuse me, isn't something missing...?? Your plan? Shot to pieces!

Male 1(18) and I had big plans of hanging out in December, watching movies, shopping, walking the streets, eating out, spending hours at Besant Nagar beach, catching up on four months... M1(18) catches a flu, and now won't return any phone calls. A flu one week ago and the guy can't return frickin' phone calls?

Female 1(18) and yours truly have been planning sleepovers in December since what seems like eternity. So much information (Read gossip) to exchange. Especially since this particular woman is the person I've been relating practically everything going on in my life to since... seventh grade?? F1(18) is still at college... and after a brief stopover of three days at home where she will have multiple things to do, she departs to some obscure bullshit place for a family vacation. *teeth grinding* Have fun.

Male 2(17) and I kept in amazing touch while at college. Quite surprising, considering the circumstances and level of communication between us before leaving to college. I think we both naturally assumed we'd talk a lot more once back in town. And meet often. And yet, this strange constraint of a self-built wall. Aah.. yeah.. lunch... sometime next week... umm... I guess...

~
Meet the man of your dreams
then meet his beautiful wife...
~

A little too ironic, I think.


4 comments:

Kartik said...

Good to see you back in - umm, action.

And as I seem to have said, I like that line:

Meet the man of your dreams
then meet his beautiful wife...


And I think I see what you're describing with

"Male 2(17) and I kept in amazing touch while at college. Quite surprising, considering the circumstances and " ....

Good - go on.

veni, vedi, dormivi... said...

Hopefully it'll get better.

This weekend better herald change.

Kartik said...

I see what you mean - only 2 comments.

At the expense of making you more morose, I do indeed see what you were getting at yesterday. Well, this makes it 3 :-)

veni, vedi, dormivi... said...

hehe :-D

I'm good! Mood's on a high again. So I'm making it 4. Male 1 called (and has been calling apparently, just that I didn't know). I had fun last evening! with Female 1 and family.

Ah well, :D again.